Review of an accreditation application is jointly managed by ANCC, ACCME and ACPE and takes approximately 12 months. The application process includes:
- A self-study conducted by the applicant to reflect on its continuing education program.
- Submission of a self-study report that defines practices and verifies practices with examples.
- An interview conducted by a 3-person team (representing ANCC, ACCME and ACPE) plus a staff member of 1 of the 3 accrediting bodies.
- Review of activity documentation in activity files.
Materials and interview results are presented to a Joint Accreditation Review Committee (Joint ARC) comprised equally of representatives from ANCC, ACCME and ACPE. The Joint ARC recommends applicants for accreditation; the governing bodies of all 3 organizations make the final decision. Joint accreditation is valid for 4 years and may be renewed. Progress reports and/or annual reports may be required.
$22,000 due when materials are submitted.
Two review cycles are provided:
- Submit the application by January 1, receive an accreditation decision in November of the same year.
- Submit the application by September 1, receive an accreditation decision in July of the following year.
Download Guide to Joint Accreditation [pdf]
Read Joint Accreditation Criteria [pdf]
Joint Accreditation Activity List [xls]
Email Accreditation Staff