To support nurses in clinical settings to apply evidence to practice and evaluate the effects on patient outcomes.
The grant will be evaluated and awarded based on the quality of the proposal which includes: background and significance; problem statement including EBP model; evidence synthesis providing support for proposed intervention; goals with timeframe; estimated magnitude for improvement to patient care and outcomes; implementation strategy; evaluation plan for implementation and outcomes; budget. Funding for this grant is provided by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing (STTI). Funds for this grant do not cover expenses incurred prior to the funding date, nor do they cover publication costs or travel for presentations.
- Principal project lead must be a registered nurse (or country equivalent) with current license and have at least a master's in nursing (or country equivalent).
- Principal project lead must be a member of either the American Nurses Association or STTI.
- Proposed EBP project can be inter-professional in design, but must be nurse-led.
- EBP project implementation site in a clinical setting.
- IRB approval will be required prior to funding. It is not required to submit a proposal.
- Must be ready to initiate project when funding is received.
- Must complete project within twenty-four (24) months of funding; no cost extensions.
- With proposal, must submit letter of support with contact information for agency/institution affirming consent for the project.
- Submit to ANCC/STTI a final report; submit a completed abstract or full paper to STTI's Virginia Henderson Global Nursing eRepository.
- Disseminate findings through publication(s), podium or poster presentation at STTI research congress, biennial convention and ANCC National Magnet Conference®.
- Grant agreement will be sent via email to project lead after application is submitted. Failure to return completed and signed agreement by the due date noted (1 June 2015) will disqualify the application.
- Grant recipient or proxy MUST be present at the 43rd STTI Biennial Convention, 7 - 11 November, 2015, in Las Vegas, Nevada, to accept the award.
All application must be submitted via the online submission system.
Submit Application Now