The American Nurses Credentialing Center invites you to submit a nomination for the sixth annual National Magnet Nurse of the Year® awards program. The National Magnet Nurse of the Year award recognizes the outstanding contributions of clinical nurses in each of the five Magnet® Model components:
- Transformational Leadership
- Structural Empowerment
- Exemplary Professional Practice
- New Knowledge, Innovations & Improvements
- Empirical Outcomes
- ANCC will accept only one submission from each Magnet-recognized organization regardless of size, setting, or location.
- The nominator must assign the nominee to one of the five Magnet Model categories during the online submission process.
- The registered nurse nominee must be a clinical nurse primarily responsible for direct patient care at a Magnet-recognized organization or system.
- As long as the nominee's unit/area is part of a Magnet-recognized organization, nominees may have a range of tenures, hours worked, and locations of employment.
The nominator's online submission must include:
- Letter of endorsement: 500-words-or-less from the chief nursing officer (CNO) of the nominating Magnet-recognized organization or system describing why the nominee should be chosen as the National Magnet Nurse of the Year in the designated Magnet Model category.
Nominee's resume (3-page maximum): Must outline his or her credentials, educational background, work experience, professional activities, publications, presentations or projects, and full contact information—nominee name, credentials, home address, email address, and direct phone number.
Narrative essay: 500 words or less, written by the nominator, demonstrating:
- The CNO must write the letter of endorsement on official organization letterhead and must include his or her full contact information—CNO name, credentials, email address, direct phone number, and organization address. The CNO must sign the letter of endorsement.
The nominator must write the narrative essay on official organization letterhead and must include his or her full contact information—nominator name, credentials, email address, direct phone number, and organization address.
- The contribution(s) the nurse nominee has made in the designated Magnet Model category
- How the nurse nominee's contribution(s) exemplifies excellence in the designated Magnet Model category
- The resulting nursing impact in the organization, region, and/or nation or world
ANCC does not charge an entry fee for nomination submission.
Nominators must complete submissions through the online submission website. The website details all application information and walks nominators through the submission process step-by-step.
[Applicants will be required to create an account]
Nominators must complete submissions by 11:59 pm EDT on Wednesday, May 18, 2016. ANCC will notify winners by August 2016.
Please note: ANCC will review only completed applications.
ANCC will present the National Magnet Nurse of the Year awards during the ANCC National Magnet Conference® in Orlando, Florida held October 5-7, 2016. In addition, ANCC will feature award announcements on the ANCC website and will publish them in local and national press releases.
Email the email@example.com or call 301.628.5239.