To access the toolkit, please read and acknowledge agreement by clicking the button at the bottom of this guideline.
Only accredited organizations and courses have the right to utilize the certification mark, in accordance with the guidelines provided in this document, on letterhead, brochures, and for publicity activities relating to the program and/or nursing activities within the designated organization.
Other than in relation to the recognition of nursing services, the Accreditation logos should not be used in conjunction with any goods, products, or other services created, offered or sold by the designated organization that would create the appearance of an endorsement by the Program or by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
The logos should only be used in a manner that represents the intent of the Accreditation Program. ANCC expects that representatives of accredited organizations will follow established standards of professional practice and ethics in business, advertising, public relations, sales, and marketing when using the logos.
The Accredited Provider, Accredited Approver and Nursing Skills Competency Program certification marks are legally trademarked symbols and must be used in accordance with these rules:
- All lettering inside the logo must be readable when the symbol is used on materials. If the words are not legible, please increase the size of the logo.
- The logo cannot be altered or modified. It may be resized, provided the proportions of the entire logo are maintained and all features of the logo are clearly distinguishable.
- The logo shall be reproduced:
- In black or in purple (PMS 2577 purple or equivalent)
- In a size which makes all features of the mark clearly distinguishable
- Without distortion of its dimensions
- Accreditation logos cannot be used in isolation from the accredited organization's logo. All materials must contain both the accredited organization's logo and the appropriate Accreditation program logo. Accreditation logos cannot be larger than the organization's logo.
- For the use of the certification marks on electronic documentation (i.e., websites), these same rules apply.
- Logos used on an accredited organization's website must include a hyperlink to the ANCC Accreditation Program main landing page at www.nursecredentialing.org/Accreditation.aspx
- The logo may not be used, reproduced, modified or distributed. In the event that an organization's or unit's accreditation expires, lapses, is suspended or revoked or is otherwise terminated, the organization/unit must immediately cease all use of the logo.
- Unauthorized or inappropriate use of the logo shall be grounds for suspension or revocation of accreditation.
Note for Healthcare Systems
If all healthcare organizations in your system are not accredited please be certain the logo is only applied to accredited entities. There must be no confusion about which organizations the logo applies. If you have any questions as to whether your proposed use of the certification mark meets these requirements, please email a sample to ANCC for review.
ANCC reserves all rights in its trademarks. ANCC reserves the right to change the guidelines herein, and/or cancel use at any time. Any organization failing to strictly adhere to these guidelines shall have their right to use terminated immediately. In addition, the Accreditation Program reserves the right to terminate its recognition of an organization should an organization violate or continue to violate these guidelines in a manner that may jeopardize the integrity of ANCC trademarks, or program, as defined solely by ANCC.
Use of Logo on Promotional Items
The Summit Group is the official licensed vendor of Accreditation products. The Accreditation logos may not be reproduced for use on promotional items except through Summit Group. This includes all requests for embroidery or customized items featuring the Accreditation logos with your organization's name and logo.
The Summit Group is a wholesale vendor and can procure any promotional product commercially available. View the Fresh Ideas catalog for product ideas. For pricing and design concepts, please contact the ANCC E-Store Customer Service team at 877.435.2011 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.